POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request for policy on pornographic content on news.povray.org : Re: Request for policy on pornographic content on news.povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request for policy on pornographic content on news.povray.org
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Mar 2004 03:33:08
Message: <406930c4$1@news.povray.org>
In article <4068deb3$1@news.povray.org> , "Greg M. Johnson"
<gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Could we have one and apply it to the image currently at p.b.i.?

The imminent problem is more with the web view than with the newsgroups.
With the image digest it is not possible for users to elect not to view an
image based on subject line.

For this reason, I removed the image from p.b.i in the web news view.

Regarding the image content itself, I can only speak for myself at this
time:

I only took a short look at the image like I do with all images.  As I do
this via the web view I did not look at all the details of any image (and
there was no description given) but only at the artistic merit.  I could not
see any merit, so I just moved on looking at other images.  Personally I
think it is very bad judgment to post this image (as outlined in the AUP),
and a link would be much more appropriate.

However, given this is not the first time the poster has been bending the
AUP to its limits, I am not sure to explicitly prohibit this particular post
will be enough.  It is neither in the interest of the POV-Team, the TAG
members or any regular visitor of these newsgroups that we turn the AUP into
a loophole-free legal document.  And the POV-Team has better things to do
than to repeatedly tweak our server because one person cannot use good
judgement when posting.  How to deal with this will ultimately have to be
decided by the server owner, I am afraid

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde